Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 ~ At Year's End

I haven't posted here in a few days (Wait ~ has it been 2 weeks? . . . Where did the time go?!), and believe me, it's not for lack of desire.

After the 12 Cookies of Christmas, there was other holiday baking. Biscotti for my friend Marie; cookies and candies and quick breads for holiday gifts; pies and tarts for Christmas Eve. And spiced nuts. And, of course, our daily breads and baked goods. (Because as much as I like to blog, my family really enjoys eating on a regular basis.)

Plus, I've been inundated with the usual avalanche of errands and deadlines and all manner of other things that seem to accumulate at year's end. I like to end the year with as clean a slate as possible, and that means getting really, really busy over here.

And, of course there was the December Daring Bakers challenge, the frozen mousse French Yule Log, which turned out to be a three-day exercise in education, frustration, and ultimately elation. Want a peek? You can check out my completed Yule Log here, on my companion blog, Eat Real.

I want to end this year with a thanks to all the wonderful new blogging friends I've made, and to all those I have yet to make. I am adding a blogroll of these superstars ~ please be sure to stop by and pay them a visit. I have some exciting things rising on the Baker's Bench for 2009, including a whopper of a challenge that I'll invite you to join me in. Because life is just more fun when you're covered in flour. Right?

A happy, healthy, prosperous New Year to you and yours. May God bless you and keep you!
~Sandy

2 comments:

glamah16 said...

Happy New Year. We met at the end of the year but I look forward to reading your cooking adventures in 2009.

Sandy Smith said...

~Glamah16: Same goes for me! :)

Share This