Sunday, February 15, 2009

BYOB Roundup 2 ~ February 15, 2009


Mia of Stoned Knitter joins us this month and she's hit the ground running! She baked baguettes that sing like angels, and tried the ABin5 dough in a loaf pan and then did it again. And then she made onion focaccia! Beautiful!

Chrystal and Amir of The Duo Dishes, another welcome addition this month, perfumed their kitchen with this Cinnamon Raisin Pecan Bread. Can't you just smell it? And then they made these mouth-watering Cheese and Herb Biscuits. Go see!

Julie of Julie Jams made Challah . . . and then she made challah French toast. Mmmm.

Shirley of Plum Bush Cottage made a rich, buttery brioche~ ooh-la-la!

Marcia of Spinnerella's Attic made . . . English muffins! Which in turn made me jealous. :)

Di of Di's Kitchen Notebook made Croissants ~ and boy, are they gorgeous!

Kim of Stirring the Pot, also newly joining us, turned her kitchen into a pizzeria with this recipe. Looks absolutely crave-inducing!

Judy of No Fear Entertaining, a baking/blogging friend sharing We Bake Gourmet, put together these beautiful Orange Pumpkin Cloverleaf Rolls for that event.

Courtney of Coco Cooks, another dear baking/blogging friend from the We Bake Gourmet adventure, baked Parmesan Pull-Aparts and these beautiful Crusty Cornstalk Rolls. Don't you just want one?

I baked a little of this and a lot of that . . . 5 dozen assorted jumbo muffins for a bake sale, pita breads, profiteroles, Parmesan Pull-Aparts and Cracked Wheat Knots, countless loaves of bread, 4 cranberry brown sugar soda breads, deep dish pizza and the regular kind, and a few other goodies. Stay tuned for recipes, and a story of near disaster.


~Happy Baking!

5 comments:

Ani said...

I tried an Italian bread recipe, from Peter Rheinhart (sp?) yesterday and it turned out great, made two big loaves. I was quite surprised it turned out so well because it was quite involved with many steps and I still don't have a baking stone yet! I did take pix but still need to get them up on my blog. Best, Ani

Maris said...

These all sound so good! I tried making bread once for a date and it didn't rise. I need to try again because he still teases me about my "awesome bread making abilities." lol.

Jennifer said...

Mmmmmmmm! It all sounds delicious!

I found your BYOB post early in January and took the challenge. I haven't really been blogging too much about what I've made, because it's mostly been my usual wheat bread. I've made bagels and hot dog buns, though, with plans for English muffins(I have the tins, yay!) and many other things.

My family is thoroughly enjoying BYOB. :c)

The Duo Dishes said...

Ohhh, it all sounds so good! Especially fresh croissants. Ack, good.

ovenhaven said...

I'm loving the BYOB community! So much bread inspiration to choose from :)

Share This