Sunday, March 1, 2009

BYOB Roundup 3 ~ March 1, 2009



Zhulaiha of Ovenhaven shared some lovin' from her oven ~ a birthday pizza! But there's more . . . three words ~ Custard. Filled. Beignets. Sigh.

Chrystal and Amir of The Duo Dishes satisfied a craving with this intriguing Lemon Dill Flatbread.

Ning of Heart and Hearth baked her very first yeast bread ~ a lovely Whole Wheat Loaf. Take a look and cheer her on!

Courtney at Coco Cooks did these fragrant Orange Pumpkin Cloverleaf Rolls for our We Bake Gourmet group. Mmmm, I can practically smell them all the way from across the country.

Kim of Stirring the Pot made a luxurious brioche; then she gilded the lily by turning that brioche into a fabulous Berry-Brioche Bread Pudding.


I'm not sure, exactly, what I baked over the past two weeks, but I can tell you that I used 25 pounds of flour in 16 days. In there were dozens of muffins, loaves and loaves of bread, lots of pizzas, cookies, a birthday cake or two, cupcakes, brownies, and something new for me ~ Belgian waffles. This month, I'll be keeping a log of what I bake, so I can keep track of where all that flour's going!


You are welcome to jump on the BYOB bread wagon at any time. There are no formal signups, just a personal commitment to bake as much of your baked goods as you can. We're not legalistic; no yeast police will come to your house to confiscate the occasional store-bought package of hamburger buns. There aren't any deadlines, either. You bake what you need, when you need it. Just drop me an e-mail at Sandycastle1 {AT} gmail {DOT} com if you like information on how to install the badge on your blog, and send me your URL so I can add you to the blogroll.


Whether or not you BYOB, happy baking!

~Sandy

4 comments:

Di said...

Wow, 25 pounds in 16 days? That's impressive. =) I've been baking, but haven't gotten stuff posted. I should have something to share for the next round-up, though.

The Duo Dishes said...

Ohhh the berry brioche pudding and beignets! Enough to drive us crazy. Great recipes!

janetching said...

I love your idea of BYOB. Would like to know more information on how to participate! Thanks for the roundup!

Sandy Smith said...

~Janet: So glad you're interested in the BYOB project! You can e-mail me at Sandycastle1 {AT} gmail {DOT} com and I'll give you more info about participating, if you'd like.
Cheers,
Sandy

Share This