Monday, June 15, 2009

BYOB Roundup 10 ~ June 15, 2009


Ning of Heart and Hearth baked this wonderful Basil and Cheddar Bread to pair with a bottle of homemade salsa a friend had given her. Her gift is ours too, it turns out . . . this bread looks like a real winner!

Di of Di's Kitchen Notebook triumphed with her own puff pastry! How awesome! Once you've got that bad boy in your baker's arsenal, you're geared up for countless applications that use puff paste ~ go and see, then maybe try it yourself!

Judy of No Fear Entertaining made a visually stunning (read: giant muffinlike) Casatiello for the BBA challenge group. Looks great, and I bet this would be lots of fun to serve at a brunch!

Jennifer of The Lollipop Kids made . . . Pizza! Her whole-wheat crusts are gorgeous (and she grinds her own flour), and make pizza downright virtuous!

Sarah of Que Sarah Sarah made Bagels! And they're beautiful! And if I had one right now, I wouldn't be here getting this roundup ready, I'd be standing in front of the toaster, impatiently waiting for my bagel to be toasted!

Brace yourselves: Chrystal and Amir of The Duo Dishes have shared a towering colossus of deliciousness with us! Okay, well, it's a bit more delicate than "towering" would suggest and maybe not exactly a "colossus," but seriously, their Almond and Coconut Cream Fruit Cakes are absolutely drool-worthy. Go, see.

Kira of Blogs from a Homesick Aussie made a delicious-looking homemade pizza! And not only the crust ~ she made the sauce from scratch too! And boy does it look good. Who needs takeout?!

Jude of Apple Pie, Patis, and Pate shows off an absolute stunner of a sourdough rye ~ a Leinsamenbrot crusted with black sesame seeds. Even if you have no intention of baking this, go see, just for the pictures!

If you're looking to make burger buns for your next cookout, Frieda of
Lovin' from the Oven has you covered! Her Feather Wheat Roll hamburger buns look like they're just dying to host your next burger (beef, turkey, salmon, or veggie ~ however you like your patty!).

As for me, I've been baking pretty much nonstop. So much so, in fact, that I haven't had as much time as I'd like to post about it. (You might have noticed that the last post I put up here was the June 1 roundup. Sorry!) But I have many, many great recipes and photos for you, and I promise to get them up here as soon as I can. Really! In the meantime, bake on, bakers!

All best,
Sandy

2 comments:

The Duo Dishes said...

Homemade puff pastry is not easy. Beyond impressed with this round up.

Ning said...

Thank you for all the lovely write-up! Now, I have to go see each one of those delicious bakes :)

Share This