Sunday, October 4, 2009

BYOB Roundup ~ October 1, 2009

Zhulaiha of Ovenhaven (a blog name I love, love, love) sent us two indulgent sweets: Glazed Chocolate Doughnuts and Nutella Swirl Scone Loaf (oh yeah, you read that right). I know I don't need to encourage you to run like the wind over to Zhulaiha's site to check these links out, but I will anyway. Turns out she sent them for the last roundup and they got lost in the ether and never made it in. Go, now! You don't want to deprive yourself a moment longer!

Chrystal and Amir of The Duo Dishes sent me a whole bakeshop worth of amazing delectables. Get your mouse hand ready: German Chocolate Cake Cookies, Sweet Potato Squares, Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Coffee Glaze, Coconut Cupcakes, Lemon Thyme Cookies, Glazed Lemon Polenta Cookies, and Peach Cobbler Cake. Amazing, right? I'm still swooning.

Cathy of The Bread Experience jumped right into the fray with a heavenly-looking Deep-Dish Semolina Pizza. And if that's not enough to keep you busy on her site, go and check out her gorgeous Kaiser Rolls ~ bakery perfect! And, wait for it . . . Marbled Rye Bread (BBA)!

Courtney of Coco Cooks brings us an absolutely luscious Pecan Apple Honey Challah. WANT. SOME. NOW.

Lucky for us, Alyssa of Sour Cream and Jam is another prolific baker! Grab your beverage of choice and go take a gander at her oven love: Anadama Bread (BBA), Artos ~ Greek Celebration Bread (BBA), Bagels (BBA), Dill-icious Potato Rolls, Crumpets (yes, crumpets, people!), Yeasted Banana Bread with Vanilla, and Mildly Corny Cheddar Pepper Muffins.

Di of Di's Kitchen Notebook celebrates the beginning of fall baking weather with an aromatic Cinnamon Raisin Bread and some seriously delectable-looking Apple Turnovers. Di ~ were the neighbors knocking on your door, "just dropping by to say hi," helplessly drawn by the seductive scents of warm cinnamon and apples?

Ever wonderfully creative, Sophie of Sophie's Foodiefiles made a Kefir White Organic Bread. It is my definite opinion that if all good-for-you food looked this delicious, we'd all be a lot healthier. Go, check it out, bake the bread, make a sandwich, smile with happiness!

As for me . . .

I am delighted that fall fruits are in season once again ~ the sheer variety of apples available in my neck of the woods has helped somewhat to ease the pain of saying good-bye to beloved summer berries and stone fruits. So what have I been baking? Breads, lots of breads. Tarts ~ playing around with frangipane lately, and the most lovely Pink Pearl apples I've ever seen. And I made a new pie, pear and ginger, with a pecan streusel, and some cinnamon-brown sugar ice cream with chili-pecan praline to serve on top. Stay tuned for those posts! I hope, I really hope to get back on track now that autumn is settling into a routine and I have my new computer ~ a kitchen laptop ~ up and running.

Till then, happy baking!
~Sandy

3 comments:

glamah16 said...

Always great baking inpiration.

Cathy (breadexperience) said...

All of these breads look wonderful! So glad to be able to participate in the fun!

Sophie said...

Sandy, what a great round up this is!!

Thanks again for letting me in this October, I know I was late!!

Many lovely recipes for us to try,...

MMMMMMMMMMMM,....

Share This