Sunday, November 1, 2009

BYOB Roundup ~ November 1, 2009



Beth
of Kitchen Courage makes me hungry. She does. Even when I'm not hungry, she still has the power to entice me. But the best part? Her offerings are virtuous, folks ~ incredibly delicious-looking and -sounding breads and spreads that I could eat (even right NOW when I'm not even hungry) without the slightest bit of guilt. Don't believe me? Go and see for yourself. This month? Wheat-Beer Bread with (bonus!) Roasted Butternut Hummus!

Shirley of Plum Bush Cottage takes that daunting step every serious baker must eventually undertake . . . the Sourdough Starter! And wow, if you haven't done this yet and need some inspiration, be sure to stop by the Cottage!

I feel I must warn you . . . if you suffer from a lack of self-control or are trying to avoid dangerously tempting desserts, please do not visit Chrystal and Amir at The Duo Dishes! If you have an iron will or can master your passions with exceptional skill, go and see their alluring offerings of oven love: Almond Strawberry Cake with Whipped Chocolate Ganache, Sugar Cookie Pops, Chocolate and Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies, Frosted Sugar Cookies, Apple Raisin Walnut Cake, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies. You've been warned!

Alyssa of Sour Cream and Jam has been a very busy baker, luckily for us! If you don't already have some baking time built into your schedule over the next couple of weeks, maybe you'll want to take a vacation day once you see these links! Poor Man's Brioche Buns (BBA), Casatiello (BBA), Challah (BBS), Ciabatta al Funghi (BBA), Beranbaum's Best Buns, Cinnamon Rolls (BBA), Cinnamon Rolls (Mom's recipe), Pumpkin Graham Crackers, Macarons (Daring Bakers).

Di of Di's Kitchen Notebook brings us a fall favorite ~ Cranberry Pecan Celebration Rolls. I'm thinking these would be a major hit for Thankgiving Day breakfast . . . with a cup of coffee and the Macy's Day Parade on TV, heavenly!

Cathy of The Bread Experience offers an absolutely lovely Pumpkin Cranberry Braid. Those of you dining at others' homes this Thanksgiving take note: this bread looks like the perfect hostess gift (but be advised that it may steal the show ~ so practice your humble face in advance).

Courtney of Coco Cooks celebrates Cinnamon Roll Day with us! No, she's not making this holiday up (but really, who would care if she were? Not me! I'd give her a hug!). Swedish folk (and if you've visited an IKEA, you know they take their cinnamon buns seriously) apparently set aside October 4 as Kanelbullens Dag to give this awesome piece of pastry the props it deserves. Thanks, Courtney, for helping us take part!

And as for me . . .

My oven has been keeping warm lately. Rye bread, ciabatta, a heavenly potato bread from Julia and Dorie,hamburger rolls, bulgur knot rolls, batards, baguettes, demi-baguettes. And breakfast goods including scones and muffins for 140. I've got pictures and recipes ~ lots and lots of recipes ~ for you . . . now all I need is some time to post them. Here's to hoping shorter days and longer nights will be good to us all.

Happy Baking, my friends!

Best,

Sandy

2 comments:

Cathy (breadexperience) said...

What a wonderful roundup! Thanks for hosting it! Makes me want to go bake some more bread. Yum!

Sophie said...

What an excellent roud up this is!!

MMMMMMMMMMM,...

Share This