Thursday, December 10, 2009

White Chocolate, Cranberry, and Macadamia Nut Cookies ~ Day 5 of the 12 Cookies of Christmas

White Chocolate, Cranberry, and Macadamia Nut Cookies were a pick for a few members of my family, and I was relieved to add such a straightforward recipe to my list.These easy, unfussy drop cookies turned out exactly as I thought they would, which at this point in the cookie odyssey is a welcome result.

I'm not generally a big fan of white chocolate, but it does match beautifully with the crunchy macadamias, and the tanginess of the cranberries is a perfect foil for the sweetness of the white chocolate. I added a bit of orange zest to brighten things up. Texture-wise, they're lovely ~ pleasantly dense in the middle, crisping up toward the edges.

The great news about these cookies is that they freeze well, unlike many of the others I've made in the 12 Days of Cookies event thus far. I fed a few to my kids and their friends and packed up the rest of the generous batch for the freezer.

You can definitely use unsalted macadamias in these ~ I did ~ but don't forget to toast them if you do. For this recipe, and the recipes of the other cookies in this 12 Days of Cookies extravaganza, visit Bon Appetit's Holiday Cookie-a-Day Slideshow.


Now that you've seen mine, why don't you treat yourself and go see what the rest of the gang is up to?

Andrea of Andrea's Recipes (honorary member and our founder but not participating this year)
Claire of The Barefoot Kitchen
Courtney of Coco Cooks
Di of Di's Kitchen Notebook
Judy of No Fear Entertaining
Kelly of Sass & Veracity
Michelle of Big Black Dog
RJ of Flamingo Musings
Sandy of At the Baker's Bench
Tiffany of The Nesting Project

2 comments:

Di said...

Those look really good. They're not on my list because I'm not a big fan of white chocolate either. After reading your post, though, I might have to make a few for my husband, who does like it.

RJ Flamingo said...

I loved these cookies (they're my Day 11), but I had to adjust the baking time downward to get that result. After the several recipes with dried cranberries, my husband remarked how surprised he is that cranberries go so well in baking. I agree. Yours are so pretty - I may have to try these again. :-)

Share This