Wednesday, May 19, 2010

BYOB and No-Knead Breads

 Interested in learning more about the BYOB group? Check out my posts here and here.
If you're stopping by to check out my adventures with no-knead bread, here's where you'll find a pretty comprehensive look. And here's some naan I made with the same basic dough ~ fantastic!
As an artisan baker, I've worked with all kinds of bread dough, and there are many I count among my favorites. Some are temperamental and require coddling, kid gloves, coaxing, nurturing. Others, like the no-knead doughs, require almost nothing, yet return a very nice result. For example, the basic dough from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day is a workhorse dough, a utility player on the baker's bench. I've used it successfully for everything from pain d'epi to pizza ~ when I have a tub of this dough in the fridge I feel ready for anything. More than once, drop-in guests at my home have benefited from the capabilities of this wonderful dough.

For Your Cookshelf:
Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois

Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day: 100 New Recipes Featuring Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, and Gluten-Free Ingredients by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois

Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads by Nancy Baggett

My Bread: The Revolutionary No-Work, No-Knead Method by Jim Lahey

200 Fast and Easy Artisan Breads: No-Knead, One-Bowl by Judith Fertig

1 comment:

Nancy Baggett said...

Hi,

Wanted to let you know about another fine no-knead bread book called Kneadlessly Simple. I know because it's my book! It's gotten rave reviews from Amazon readers, and many recipes in it are the easiest and best-tasting you'll find. You can try a couple sample recipes by going to my site, www.kitchenlane.com

Happy Baking,

Nancy Baggett

Share This