Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 2010 BYOB Roundup

Courtney of Coco Cooks tempts us with an amazing-looking Sweet Potato Everything Bread ~ it's bread like this that butter was made for!

Kathy of Panini Happy makes us very, very happy with her luscious Chocolate Bread! You won't want to miss this one . . . Kathy uses it as the foundation of 3 delicious-sounding paninis: Brie and Basil Grilled Cheese on Chocolate Bread, Almond Butter and Raspberry Panini on Chocolate Bread and Open-Face Ice Cream Panini with Caramelized Bananas and Walnuts.

Di of Di's Kitchen Notebook went to town with one of my perennial favorites:  Pizza! (Adorable snaps of the next generation of bakers hard at work in Di's Kitchen, too.) And Di also says a special happy birthday to her sweetie with some Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes ~ picture perfect!

Chrystal and Amir of The Duo Dishes take note: I am coming to your house for coffee and cake. This Apple Butter Cake, to be specific. So better bake an extra one . . . I have a whole mouthful of sweet teeth, and they like cake!

Apu of Annarasa has taken two of my all-time favorite things ~ rosemary and olives ~ and paired them in this delectable Kalamata Olive and Rosemary Focaccia. Which is going straight to the top of my "to bake" list!

Jim of Musings on the Path to Frugality has made some gorgeous No-Knead Soft Honey Wheat Sandwich Rolls. And while I was fantasizing about what I would put on these bad boys, Jim was making a real-life masterpiece for dinner: check out his burger on one of these rolls!

Margaret of Tea and Scones brings us a simple, elegant Light Wheat Bread and some drool-worthy Lavash. Go, check out her posts, but you might not want to go on an empty stomach.

Andrea of Family and Food has kept her oven fired up with a parade of oven love! Her bounty this month: Light Rye Bread , Cocoa Banana Muffins, Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips, Easter Bunnies, Fennel Fig & Almond Bread, Bagels, Norwegian Wheat Rusks,Devil's Food Cake, Rustic Bread, ├Žbleskiver (Danish Pancake Balls), Blueberry Crumb Muffins, Real Welsh Scones, Spicy Jalapeno Cornbread, Karelian Water Rings (Bagels), Date Cranberry Almond Bread, Cranberry and Orange Pudding. Grab your steaming beverage of choice, warm up your mouse hand, and get ready to be inspired!

And as for me . . .

Where to begin? So much has taken place over the past few weeks ~ birthdays, good-byes, new beginnings, bon voyages . . . I feel like I haven't stopped baking. And while I love that, one downside is that I haven't had the time to write here as much as I'd like. Ah well . . . hopefully you've been busy with your own baking and can forgive me.

Coming up on the summer season, and hotter weather, I actually anticipate getting busier in the kitchen. Summertime is my busiest baking season. My kitchen is typically at a temp of 90 degrees or better on baking days, and that's with our central air. So, if you are taking a partial or full baking hiatus for the hot months, I can sympathize. Come and bake with me instead . . . I'll be hotting up the kitchen anyway. And hopefully, we'll be doing some flatbreads and pizzas on the grill, too.

Happy spring, and keep baking . . . summer's coming!

3 comments:

glamah16 said...

Hey we all have these spells we come back around to what we love to do. Great round up.

Di said...

Ooh, lots of cool things to check out! As if I don't already have a long enough list of things to make... =)

Apu said...

Great roundup Sandy!! Look forward to next month!!

Share This