Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cookies We Love: Basler Brunsli

For my third cookie in the Cookies We Love Series, I chose the chocolate-almond Basler Brunsli. These spiced chocolate treats hail from Switzerland (where else?), and were fairly easy to make and not too expensive. They're also a bit different from the usual chocolate-nut cookies I make in that they contain no flour ~ a bonus, if anyone's looking for a nice gluten-free holiday cookie recipe.
If you make these, take note that the formed cookies require significant drying time before baking, like French macarons do, and plan accordingly. I'd I make these again, I'll experiment with swapping out the spices for espresso powder. This recipe makes quite a few cookies, so you can either halve it or freeze some. I'm thinking of drizzling the finished cookies with white and dark chocolate before putting them on my cookie platters. If you'd like to do the same, do so after you've frozen and thawed them, not before.
Click here for the recipe, and be sure to check out what the other bakers in our group have come up with!

3 comments:

Andrea Meyers said...

I love the little mittens! And you are right, they would be so good with a little drizzle of white chocolate.

Missy said...

I love the mitten cookies ~ so sweet.

coco cooks said...

I think these had to be one of my favs. Loved the flavor.

Share This