Where there's a will, there's a way, right? Also, I know that my mom happens to own a pizzelle press, and I figured that would be good enough.
In the interest of holiday spirit, I'll skip the fussing and fuming and just share a few tips with you that I learned from this particular piece of fieldwork:
- Lubricate the preheated grids well. Then lubricate them again. And one more time.
- If you fail to comply with step one, you will need wet paper towels, a clean pastry brush, and a bamboo kebab stick, plus a perfectly good afternoon, to steam-clean and evacuate the grids.
- Don't skimp on the lube.
- Rolling these into cones without a krumkake roller is tough. Consider making lovely flat cookies or small waffle bowls.
here for the recipe, and don't forget to check out what the other bakers are baking!
- Andrea of Andrea’s Recipes
- Claire of The Barefoot Kitchen
- Di of Di’s Kitchen Notebook
- Judy of No Fear Entertaining
- Kelly of Sass & Veracity
- Michelle of Big Black Dog
- RJ of Flamingo Musings
- Tiffany of The Nesting Project
- Courtney of Coco Cooks