Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Raspberry White Chocolate Streusel Muffins
4 oz (1 stick) butter, at room temp
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
½ cup sour cream or Greek-style yogurt
½ cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
¼ cup white chocolate chips, roughly chopped
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup oats
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 oz (6 tablespoons) cold butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and use pastry blender to cut in butter till crumbly. Set aside.
1. Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg and continue beating. Combine milk, sour cream, and extracts in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients.
2. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternating with wet ingredients until just combined.
3. Gently fold in raspberries and white chocolate chips.
4. Spray 12 standard or 6 jumbo muffin cups with nonstick pan spray. Divide batter among muffin cups, top with three quarters of the streusel. Use a butter knife to swirl streusel into muffin batter, sprinkle with remaining streusel.
5. Bake muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in center emerges without crumbs clinging to it. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes; carefully remove muffins from pan and let cool completely on rack. Store leftover muffins in refrigerator.